About the job
We are looking for Technical Writer Interns to join the team and prepare instruction manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. They also develop, gather, and disseminate technical information through an organization’s communications channels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the needs of users of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products and instructions easier to use
- Write or revise supporting content for products
- Edit material prepared by other writers or staff
- Incorporate animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs to increase users’ understanding of the material
- Select appropriate medium, such as manuals or videos, for message or audience
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Collect user feedback to update and improve content
- bachelor’s degree in English or another communications-related subject
- Communication skills. Must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have nontechnical backgrounds.
- Detail oriented. Create detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, they must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
- Imagination. Must be able to think about a procedure or product in the way that a person without technical experience would think about it.
- Teamwork. Must be able to work well with others. They are almost always part of a team: with other writers; with designers, editors, and illustrators; and with the technical people whose information they are explaining.
- Technical skills. Must be able to understand and then explain highly technical information. Many technical writers need a background in engineering or computer science in order to do this.
- Writing skills. Must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information clearly.
- Problem solving attitude
- Interest for innovation, technologies, startups and entrepreneurship
- Rapid Learning and Implementation
- Honest and Respectful
- Good writing skills
- Global Exposure
- EQ & EI
- Self-Planning and Organization skills
- Communication Skills
- 3 months, Full Time (40 Hours/Week)
- 3 months, Part Time (20 Hours/Week)
- NA / Voluntary
- UnPaid (None of the Internship roles at IN-CUBE are paid. We consider these programs as Value Exchange Programs. Please make sure you consider this aspect for decision making before applying for the role.)
On Successful completion of the internship the intern will gain the following.
- Experience Letter.
- Hiring References for best performers.